The handling of Members’ personal information
- This information is given to you in order to comply with the European General Data Protection Regulations which became part of UK law on 25 May 2018.
- The Club will hold your details both in paper form (the application form) and also in electronic form in the Members’ Section of the Club’s website which is password protected and accessible only by Members. Additionally, your details will be held on a separate location which will also be password protected (changed by the new Chairman each year following the AGM) and accessible only by certain committee members for purposes 3 to 6 below.
- The principal purpose for holding your details will be for communication with you on all matters relating to your membership of the Club. Additionally, together with your photograph, we will use the information we hold about you for the purposes of producing the Club Members’ Handbook from time to time.
- We will use your date of birth for the purposes of analysing Club membership and also for recognising your birthday at the relevant Club meeting.
- We will use the name of your wife or partner for the purpose of drawing up place settings should you and your partner attend one of the Club’s formal lunches.
- Occasionally, we may be required to give your name and address details to establishments we use for Club activities in order to comply with their own security arrangements.
- Should you leave the Club, we will retain only your name and the dates of your joining and leaving the Club for our historical records. These details will be held in electronic form; you or your representatives are entitled to request the return of your application form.
- For the purpose of the Regulations the Data Protection Officer is the Webmaster, whose details can be found on the website www.cirencesterprobus.org.
- You may request to see the information the club hold on you by writing to or emailing the Data Protection Officer and this information will be made available to you within 28 days.